Nearby Plumbers in Your Area
Enter your zip code
There are more than 420,000 plumbers in the United States - which one should you hire?
Plumbing systems are important components of any home or business. At some point in time, everyone will need a plumber to fix a clogged drain or a leaking toilet. How do you find a great company and get a competitive price?
Not all plumbers are the same. Here are some tips to find the best pro near you at a great price:
It's important to carefully select who you contact - ensure that every plumber has the following qualifications:
- Licensed and insured: the plumber should be licensed by your local municipality and insured against 3rd party damage. Do your homework, and avoid many headaches of an unlicensed pro.
- Experience: the plumber should be experienced in fixing plumbing issues that are similar to yours. They should have experts such as gas plumbers on staff or ready to be called.
- Customer satisfaction: ensure the plumber is customer friendly and willing to help. You can ask neighbors and read reviews online. This list of plumbers near you offers some of the best services. There are also reviews from neighbors in your area - you can quickly contact the best.
Why hire a plumber?
The services of plumbers come in handy for many different situations, from tasks as simple as a clogged drain to more complex projects such as piping a home. Some of the most common functions that plumbers undertake include:
Unclogging blocked drains
Blocked drains are perhaps the most common cause for plumbing services. Various drains within homes and businesses can become clogged due to food debris, oil and foreign objects going down the drain. A blocked drain can be an inconvenience, with the potential of causing kitchen sinks, bathrooms and showers to become unusable until the blockage is addressed. A hand snake or machine auger can typically resolve this issue.
Pipe repair and replacement
In some cases plumbers are called out due to a broken or damaged pipe. Corrosion is common if two types of metal pipes connect to each other that have different material, such as copper pipes connecting to galvanized steel pipes. This leads to small leaks that turn into larger issues.
Fixing blocked toilets
Another popular service offered by plumbers is the unclogging of toilets. It's pretty obvious why someone would want this fixed.
Fixing running toilets
More common is a toilet that won't stop trickling water. An constantly-flowing toilet can eventually result in further damage to pipes and the sewage system, along with a higher water bill.
New York plumbers are the highest paid in the United States.
But how much does plumbing cost near you?
Here are some cost breakdowns to consider when hiring a plumber:
- Average plumbing repair cost: $150
- Average cost to hire a plumber: $45-$150 per hour
- Leaking fixtures and toilets: $100-$200 (including fixtures in kitchens, bathrooms, and outdoor spaces)
- Clogged drains: $100-$300 (including unclogging overflowing toilets, showers, or kitchen sinks)
- Fixing slab leaks: $1,000-$3,000
- Replacement of water heaters: $1,200-$4,000
Consumer and plumber resources
Plumbing Manufacturers International - Advocacy for safe and efficient plumbing products | Plumber Hiring Resource Center - For consumers looking for information on hiring plumbers | Plumbers, Pipefitters & Steamfitters Pay Information - Bureau of Labor Statistics median pay and other information on plumbers