Nearby Electrical Companies in Your Area
Enter your zip code
Similar to Electricians
There are more than 690,000 electricians in the United States - which electrician near me should I hire?
Or more specifically, how can I find a great electrician near me?
- Choose a certified electrician that is insured and experienced. Reading reviews and grades can help you locate the best. If they do not have insurance your homeowners policy will be on the line for damages.
- Be sure to ask about their training level. There are three levels of electricians: Apprentice, Journeyman and Master Electrician. Ask questions about what level will be working on your house, if dealing with a larger company.
- Contact three electricians - try to obtain estimates from each of them. This will provide a good sense of the area's price points and other nuances.
What are common electrical services?
- Loose Electrical Wires - Loose wiring can happen due to the age of the home, harsh weather conditions, or frequent electrical surges. It's a good idea to have loose wires fixed as soon as possible, as they can cause further damage to your electrical system.
- Damaged Outlets - A damaged outlet typically occurs due to the malfunctioning of any appliances that were plugged in. The outlet may become dysfunctional or it may work intermittently.
- Fixing a Damaged Breaker Box - Fixing or replacing the breaker box in your home is one of the costliest services that electricians provide. The breaker box provides surge protection to the entire premises and is the central hub for all electrical wiring.
- Fixing Electrical Appliances - Electricians also fix appliances such as refrigerators, dish washers, TVs, ovens, and other similar home electronics.
There are several other problems homeowners can expect to encounter at some point or another. Some of these electrical issues include:
- Electric Work During Remodels
- New Room Additions
- Transfer Switches
- Smoke Detectors
- Pool Heaters and Hot Tubs
- Cable/Data Lines
- Generator Systems
- Water/Fire/Storm Damage
- Interior Lights, Exterior Lights and Light Switches
- Ceiling Fans
- Hood Vent Exhaust Fans
- Kitchen and Bathroom Lights
- Bathroom Ventilation
- Security Systems
- Door Bells
- Underground Wiring
- New Home Build and System Installation
How much do electrician services near me cost?
Electrical services vary widely by the problem that needs to be fixed, which is why it is important to have an idea of the issue that you’re facing. Here are some common costs you can expect to incur:
- Cost of Replacing/Installing an Outlet - Most outlets, particularly GFCI (water-protected) outlets, will cost between $50 to $60 per outlet to install. Outlets within the home may cost less, anywhere between $30 to $50.
- Cost of a Surge Protection Install - Surge protection can protect your delicate appliances from electrical damage. The average cost of installing surge protection is $625.
- Replacing Breaker Box Price - Replacing a faulty breaker box is a significant job. It may be necessary if the panel is a fire hazard or if the homeowners wish to have more power. This can cost as low as $660 all the way up to $3,000 or more.
Electrical services are important for any home or business. At some point a qualified electrician will be needed to fix issues such as loose wiring, damaged outlets or broken appliances. It's important to know more about electrical services in order to select the best person near you for the job.